Lifelong Wellness Care
Lifelong preventive medicine is one of our priorities and crucial for your pet’s longevity and quality of life. Wellness services include:
○ Puppy and Kitten care
○ Comprehensive Physical exams
○ Vaccinations (We will work with you to formulate your pet’s individual vaccination protocol based on their lifestyle, age, breed and overall risk)
○ Heartworm testing and prevention
○ Intestinal parasite screening and prevention
○ Flea and Tick prevention
○ Microchipping (www.homeagain.com)
○ Diagnostic blood, urine and fecal screening for our older patients. We encourage yearly preventive testing for the early detection of chronic disease in all of our senior patients
○ Behavior consultations
When your pet requires a surgical procedure, we are here for you! Whether it is a routine elective procedure or a more extensive soft tissue or orthopedic procedure our experienced and well trained staff can help. We use the safest and most advanced anesthetic and pain management protocols along with advanced monitoring so your pet receives a standard of care similar to a human hospital. A small sample of our surgical services include:
○ Soft tissue surgery including mass removals, biopsy and wound repair
○ Abdominal surgery including intestinal, exploratory and urinary tract procedures
○ Orthopedic surgery (Cruciate ligament repair, fracture repair and FHO)
○ We also have a residency trained surgeon available for more advanced on site orthopedic and soft tissue procedures.
As our pets age, it is inevitable that problems will arise. Our goal is the early detection of chronic disease and the prompt diagnosis of sudden illness. We have in house blood analyzers and a comprehensive array of diagnostics available through our reference laboratory. Some of the diagnostics include:
○ CBC and blood chemistry testing on site
○ Extensive reference laboratory tetsing
○ Fecal testing
Sometimes accidents happen! Whether it’s a toxic substance or a trauma that has harmed your pet, we will make sure to do everything we can to find the proper course of action. We see daytime emergencies during business hours, and we also have multiple 24 hour emergency hospitals within a short distance if your pet needs ICU overnight care.
It is estimated that up to 80% of our pets have some form of dental disease. Your pets physical exam will include a comprehensive oral exam to determine if any dental disease is present . Our findings will be discussed and a treatment plan formulated to make sure your pets mouth is healthy and pain free. Whether it is a routine cleaning or advanced surgical treatment and extraction of teeth we can help your pet be much healthier and more comfortable.
We employ the latest in digital radiography to provide us with the most detailed and diagnostic X-rays possible.
We offer abdominal and basic thoracic ultrasound for diagnosis and assistance with guided biopsies and aspirates.
Our pharmacy stocks a wide variety of the most advanced medications and preventives. You can leave our office with the medicationsyour pet needs. Ask us about our extensive in house and online pharmacy that provides virtually every product you will ever need.
Humane Euthanasia & Cremation
It’s always hard to say goodbye. But when the time comes we will make sure the process is compassionate and pain free. The final act of kindness you can give your pet should always be dignified and exactly how you wish it to be. We also offer at home euthanasia in certain situations if you prefer to say goodbye at home. Please call us for more details.
We work with PACE for cremations and private cremations with cremation return. Visit their website for more details and a selection of custom urns.
From routine appointments to emergency situations or surgeries, the CareCredit card gives pet owners the peace of mind needed to care for pets big and small. Unlike traditional pet financing or veterinary payment plans, the CareCredit credit card gives you the flexibility to use your card again and again for your pet’s procedures. Apply for CareCredit, today!